Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Few Words on Perspective

I'd like to clarify a few things that I think may have been misunderstood about this blog. Universal truth is not something that I believe in or support. That is why I choose to be neither theist or atheist. That is why I choose not to put down other people's views when they claim that an alien named Xenu came to earth. And that is why I choose to believe that my viewpoints are just that; VIEWpoints.

On the other hand, one thing that I do believe in very much is the power of the internet. Blogs, twitter, facebook, tumblr and even going back to livejournal - these are all fabulous tools to use in order to express ourselves. OUR viewpoints. My blog (appropriately titled "Byrds View") is not meant to hold answers to any so-called universal truths. It is not meant to be "right" 100% of the time. However, it is meant to be logical and well thought-out. I encourage my readers to challenge me when they believe I am wrong and to express their own points of view in the comments section. However, please understand that this blog focuses its attention on what I believe to be true and not what I believe to be "universal truths."

Capiche? If you don't like where the train's heading, then get off at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment